7 Best Beard Shampoos and Beard Washes of 2022
A beard has never been out of fashion, but you need to take great care of it when you decide to grow one. Washing a beard is the same as washing your head hair. However, you shouldn't use the same products for your facial mane.
Beard washes and shampoos are products that protect, freshen and cleanse your facial hair. You'll come across many beard products every day, but not all are of good quality.
The best beard wash comprises mild and gentle ingredients that preserve and enhance your beard.
It's advisable to use a special beard wash that cleans your beard and doesn't irritate your skin.
Here are the top picks for the best men's beard shampoos and washes.
The Scotch Porter brand is among the golden standard beard wash products available today. It's the top beard wash you should compare products against.
By choosing to use this product, you treat your facial hair to the ultimate beard routine that makes it grow strong and healthy.
It comes in a 236ml container of exotic moisturizing ingredients. It's filled with marshmallow root, burdock root, and slippery elm bark. Its most significant perk is that all the Scotch Porter Beard Wash ingredients are 100% natural.
There are no harsh detergents, phthalates, or parabens, and therefore you don't have to worry about your shampoo stripping your facial hair of its natural oils. Additionally, there are no poor-grade vegetable oils or DHT blockers.
- You can use it on your beard at any stage of its growth
- The Scotch Porter brand is a recognized male grooming brand
- Safe and 100% natural ingredients
- Some people feel the quantity offered is relatively small and expensive
- There are no specifications if women can use shampoo
- Not suitable for males under 18 years
There is no end to the surprises that Duke Cannon brands have for beard care for all men. The beard wash has everything your beard needs to keep it refreshed all day long. The secret behind this successful beard grooming product is the unique ingredients that moisturize your skin and keep it scented.
The ingredients are 100% natural, making them safe to use even for men with sensitive skin. The products come in a tube packed with organic ingredients, including wheat protein, soya bean oil, barley, and citrus peel oil.
It's a balance and the perfect combination of ingredients that strengthen, moisturize, rejuvenate, condition, and clean your facial hair and skin. You will also like the mild but refreshing citrus scent.
There are many reasons why anyone can easily fall in love with this product. You will appreciate that the Duke Cannon manufacturers don't test their products on animals, especially if you're environmentally conscious.
- It has the perfect balance of both organic and natural products.
- Only plant-based ingredients and don't include sulfate, parabens, or petroleum.
- Suitable for men with sensitive skin
- Some people complain that it doesn't lather as well as they expect it to
- It comes in a small tube
- The liquid is thin, and squeezing the bottle lets out more than you may need
The live bearded beard wash carries a masculine scent that rejuvenates and refreshes. The scent is unique, mild, and doesn't compare with anything.
It has a blend of natural ingredients, including grape seed oil, argan oil, jojoba oil, and bergamot essential oils. There is a tinge of citrus, musk, forest, vetiver pine, and cedarwood to give it its unique scent.
Live bearded beard wash is affordable compared to other beard shampoos under review here.
- It uses a mixture of safe carrier oils like jojoba and Argan
- The scent is musk and masculine
- The design is somewhat patriotic to make Americans identify the product quickly
- Some customers find the musk scent overwhelming
- The grapeseed oil is polyunsaturated, making it susceptible to lipid peroxidation
- Not readily available for customers outside of the US
Your beard grooming routine using Jack Black Beard Wash leaves your facial hair clean and refreshed. This beard wash checks all the boxes, making it one of the best products.
Besides cleaning, the Jack Black beard shampoo also conditions and softens the beards. Its ingredients blend artificial and natural substances like aloe formula and natural oils like jojoba.
The Jack Black Beard wash has a mild eucalyptus scent that smells good and is also inviting.
The 177 ml container is adequate for home use, but you may need to transfer the shampoo into another container if you are traveling.
After use, your beard is left hydrated, nourished, and healthy.
- It has a premium formula that works well to stop beard itch
- Nourishing scent and lather that leaves your skin hydrated
- It helps your beards grow healthy by softening and smoothening them
- It doesn't have a travel-friendly size available
- Not 100% natural ingredients
- It doesn't exfoliate
The Seven Potions beard shampoo is suitable for all men regardless of their skin type. The reason is that it comes with an additional hydrating property that doesn't irritate your facial skin.
It is safe to use at any stage of your beard growth. Its moisturizing ability makes it the perfect beard product for people with dry facial hair.
Beard itch is a problem many men experience when growing beards. Luckily, the Seven Potion beard shampoo combats beard itch and dandruff.
Another benefit of the Seven Potion beard shampoo is that it doesn't remove your skin's natural oil, which effectively makes your beard grow healthy. The ingredients include natural sebum oils that leave your beards shiny, soft, and clean.
It contains 95% natural and organic ingredients, meaning no colorants, parabens, or artificial fragrances.
A small amount lathers fast, giving you a rich foam that rids your beards of the split ends.
- It has 95% natural and organic ingredients
- Suitable for men of all skin types
- 100% vegan and cruelty-free
- Small bottle
- No recognizable scent
- It washes but doesn't condition as well as you might like. Therefore, you need to buy a separate beard conditioner
Most people with curly beards often look for specific beard shampoos. Fortunately, they don't have to look far as the Shea moisture beard wash is readily available.
Made from high-quality ingredients, Shea Moisture helps with beard growth and repairs damaged facial hair. It doesn't contain parabens, phthalates, sulfate, mineral oils, and other unsafe ingredients.
Shea Moisture beard wash is a lightweight gel with Maracuja oil to give your beards the proper care they deserve. Besides cleaning, the Shea Moisture Beard Wash fights odor and flakes, leaving your beards looking shiny and soft.
Expect a deep coarse cleaning by applying small amounts of the gel as it foams and lathers up nicely. It gives a palm massage wash that relaxes the area below your chin.
- Offers deep cleansing
- Uses natural ingredients
- Free of mineral oils
- Works best for curly hairs
- It comes in only one size—six ounces
- The scent isn't as strong as some people may prefer
The King C. Gillette Men's beard wash is a top brand with positive reviews from its users and experts. Besides helping to soften and clean your beards, it keeps them strong and healthy.
The ingredients include coconut water, Avocado Oil, and Argan oil, which gives it the property to keep facial hair growing stronger with every wash. The King C. Gillette beard wash nourishes the skin leaving you feeling refreshed after every wash.
It's an ideal choice for all beard types, and it gives your beards a smooth and soft texture. The balance of natural ingredients helps to combat dirt and condition your facial hair at the same time.
The King C. Gillette beard wash has menthol to give a fantastic feeling and sensation under hot climates.
- It has a coconut scent
- The combination of Avocado oil and Argan oil is perfect for all beard types
- It leaves you feeling a cool sensation because of the menthol properties infused
- Unlike other shampoos, this one comes in gel form
- The pump handle isn't strong enough
- It can be bothersome to people that don't fancy scents in their products
Keeping wild and unkempt beards can give the wrong impression sometimes. Contrarily, growing beards and keeping them well-groomed will uplift your image and inspire some confidence and swagger.
Finding the perfect beard shampoo doesn't have to be a long, tiresome process. When you analyze these seven beards wash products, you will find that they all offer to keep your beards growing strong and healthy. The final choice will likely depend on your skin type and whether you prefer beard washes with 100% natural ingredients. Consider any of the above products to solve your beard needs.