Best Oils for Beards: What Are the Benefits Of Using Almond Oil For Beard Care?
Almond Oil has been making the rounds within the beauty community because of its benefits for our skin, face and even hair. In addition, it’s seeping into the beard community because of what it offers our hair. It is known to add shine, growth, improve scalp health, strength, moisture and so much more.
All of these are the key benefits that our beard needs. They will help it to flourish to its truest potential. Almond Oil is not called the “King of Nuts” (pun intended) for nothing.
Manufacturers have even jumped unto the “almond oil” bandwagon. They are creating some of our favorite beauty products with almond oil, the bitter or sweet oil.
What is Almond Oil?
Almond Oil is extracted from the leaves of the Almonds that we eat on a daily basis. The almonds may be bitter, but the benefits do pack a punch. The oil can be used for cooking, skincare and more importantly hair care. It is rich in vitamins and minerals such as potassium, magnesium, biotin, zinc, protein, fatty acids, vitamins A, B, C and E. It is known to enhance the overall look and feel of whatever it is in the present.
Is Almond Oil Good for Growing A Beard?
Yes, it is! Remember it is rich in minerals that our facial hair needs for it to promote hair growth. Our hair strands are made up of 90% protein, specifically keratin, which the oil is rich in. As well as, our beard hair needs moisture in order to keep it hydrated for days which is what the fatty acids will do.
Another reason that almond oil is good for growing a beard is that it adds sheen to keep your beard glowing throughout each stage of your beard growth journey. Hence, it’s time to purchase your organic almond oil and start massaging it into your beard.
Top 3 Almond Oil Benefits For Beard Care
- Promotes Beard Growth – Almond oil will promote beard growth because of the protein, biotin and magnesium that is in it. These minerals help to encourage hair growth in areas where our body needs it whether due to stress, split ends or dry hair, vitamins A through to D, and so much more. Similarly, to Almond oil, it is good for our skin, nails, and hair as well.
- It’s Hypoallergenic – The oil is able to be used in our beards without causing any allergic reaction to our face, body, or beard. This is due to the antimicrobial properties that are in it. These prevent and reduce bacteria and inflammation from the scalp which is usually the cause of our severe scalp issues, acne breakouts and much more.
- Reduces Dandruff In The Beard – As previously mentioned, almond oil is good for the scalp. It aids in treating the scalping to remove dandruff or more commonly called “beardruff”. It keeps the scalp pores clean by removing the dead cells that are clogging the pores and preventing moisture from getting into it. Thus, keeping your beard scalp beardruff FREE.
What is Sweet Almond Oil?
Sweet Almond Oil is extracted from a white-flowered plant. It’s a lightweight oil that contains a lot of benefits for your beard. The extract is rich in omega fatty acids, protein, stearic acid, vitamins A to E, collagen, palmitic and palmitoleic acid. All of these acids and so much help to boost the benefits of what it is in. It’s usually manufactured in hair, makeup and skincare products.
Top 3 Sweet Almond Oil Benefits for Beard Care
- Promotes A Healthy Scalp – A healthy scalp is key in order to have healthy hair growth. The sweet almond oil is able to penetrate the scalp to provide it with the minerals needed to reduce inflammation and bacteria. Thus, reducing the constant flaking and itching that we may suffer from.
- Adds Strength to Your Hair Strands – Similarly to almond oil, sweet almond oil is rich in protein which our hair loves. The protein layer of our hair strands allows it to withstand any form of damage. Hence, the consistent application of the oil to our beard will keep the barrier strong to prevent unwanted damage. In addition, it contains collagen. The collagen will reduce the thinning of the hair strands layer. Therefore, reducing breakage, split ends and single strand knots.
- Hydrates Your Beard – Sweet Almond Oil is rich in fatty acids and vitamin E which are great moisturizers for our hair. They are able to penetrate the hair shaft and impart all the minerals that it needs to stay hydrated for a long time. Not only does the fatty acids moisturize your parched strands, but it locks in the moisture. This allows the moisture to stay locked in for a couple of days. Hence, no need to re-moisturizing your beard every hour upon hour.