Truth be told, your hair will grow faster depending on your genetics and your beard care regimen. Our hair grows ½ an inch every month on our body. So our hair is always growing and replenishing itself. By implementing steps in your beard care regimen, you can keep your beard growing lengthily, healthily and happily. These steps include using growth stimulating beard oils and techniques when we’re caring for our hair. If we nourish our beard, then it will truly flourish.
What Stimulates Beard Growth?
Remember that genetics play a key role in the growth of your beard. But, you can use other ways to stimulate your beard growth.
- Change Your Diet – Doctors are always claiming that a healthy diet is good for your body. And it is, it can eventually lead to beard growth. If you're eating a balanced diet that consists of 20% fat, 40% carbs and 40% protein, you’ll surely see growth. Protein should be a key ingredient in your diet because our hair is made up of 90% protein, specifically keratin. Therefore, if we’re consuming foods rich in protein such as chicken, beef, nuts, and eggs, our body will transport the nutrient to your hair follicles to nourish it.
- Use Beard Oil – Some of the best oils for beard care contain stimulating growth oils such as Castor Oil, Grapeseed Oil, Almond Oil, rosemary, peppermint, olive oil and so much more. These oils contain different minerals that will penetrate the hair follicles and impart the nutrients into it. The nutrients will increase your hair growth at faster than your normal rate. Also, it will not only allow you to grow longer hair but shinier hair. As well as, the next step is key in reaching your maximum beard growth results.
- Massage Your Beard – Massaging your beard encourages blood circulation. Your blood is the transport system of your body as it carries the minerals, vitamins and nutrients that your body needs to the various organs and areas of the body. Therefore, massaging your beard will increase your blood circulation to your beard so that the hair follicles are receiving what it needs to increase hair growth.
Why Is My Beard Not Growing?
As previously mentioned, your beard is not growing mainly due to genetics. If your family members do not have beards, then the chance of you receiving it genetically is slim to none. However, if they do, then expect a long and full beard! But there are other reasons that affect your beard growth which are lifestyle related.
- Consistently eating junk – Your body is a reflection of what you eat. So, if you are eating trash, then your hair growth will be…let’s save that for another time. If you are eating foods that have little to no nutrients, then your hair will get the remainder if any. Remember that blood transports the nutrients to the neediest areas first, for example, your brain, heart, lungs. And, in the end, your skin, fingers, and nails get the remainder that may be not sufficient for your hair.
- Not caring for your beard – Next, you are not caring for your beard. If you are not taking care of your face, you usually breakout so your beard is no different. You have to find a way to implement steps in your hair, skin or morning routine to care for your beard.
- Health issue – And finally, if you are suffering from a health issue it may be the reason that your beard is not growing. For example, alopecia barbae, also known as “spot baldness”, is a type of alopecia areata (an autoimmune disease) that attacks the hair follicles causing you to lose your beard hair/growth.
Will My Beard Stop Growing?
Truth is, your beard may stop growing as you get older. Your beard’s length depends on your genetic makeup. We can’t say the exact age as some mens’ beards stop growing from ages 50 to 70. As for others, it keeps growing until they die. So the answer to the question is yes...and no because everybody’s beard has a different lifespan.
Don’t get caught up in the statistics related to when your beard may stop growing. Which pushes some to experiment with product such as Minoxidil to try and force beard growth. Just continue to focus on it’s health by being intentional in your daily routine whether you are eating healthy, exercise, massaging it using beard oils, being stress-free and so much more.
No need to worry about your beard growth, just focus on its health and keep beard growing!