Useful Tips for Before and After Using Beard Oil
Beard oil keeps your facial hair moisturized. It also hydrates the skin underneath and helps you get the glowing complexion you’ve always wanted besides stimulating healthy facial hair growth.
Applying beard oil regularly can help with itchiness, irritation, and brittle facial hair. However, it’s important to choose the right product and apply it as directed. You’ll get the best results possible with the following beard oil before and after tips.
Beard Oil Before and After Tips
Before you apply beard oil, there is a little bit of prep you should do. You’ll get better results if you use beard oil after your shower since soap and shampoo can strip facial hair of its natural oil.
Your beard will absorb more of the beard oil’s ingredients if you wait until after your shower, and you will prevent any damage that soap and shampoo could cause to your facial hair.
Plus, your skin and hair will have plenty of time to absorb the beard oil until your next shower. And because the warmth of the shower will open your pores, your skin will absorb more moisture. If you use a beard oil with a gentle exfoliating effect, you will remove more dead skin cells after your shower.
Here’s what you should do before you apply beard oil:
- Brush your facial hair to get rid of dead skin cells and dandruff. Rubber bristles are great if you’re prone to itchiness, but there are plenty of beard brushes to consider.
- Trim your facial hair if you need to.
- Wash your beard with a mild shampoo, soap, or beard cleanser.
- Pat your face dry with a soft towel. You need to apply beard oil to dry hair and skin. Otherwise, water will create a barrier that prevents your hair and skin from absorbing the beard oil properly.
- Apply the beard oil first if you use other grooming products. A moisturizer or other skincare product will create a barrier that limits absorption of the beard oil.
There are a few things you should do after using beard oil:
- Use a comb to distribute the oil evenly. Two or three drops of oil should be enough, but you can apply more oil if you still see facial hair that looks dry and brittle.
- Groom your beard, and pat your face with a clean towel to absorb any excess oil.
Beard oil before and after tips are easy to follow. Applying beard oil should only take you a few minutes, and it’s a simple step you can add to your daily grooming routine. Some men use beard oil daily, but you can use it every other day.
One thing you will notice after a while is that beard oil helps with growth. You might have to trim your facial hair more often.
Should You Use Beard Oil in the Daytime or Nighttime?
Using beard oil before bed helps you save time in the morning since you’ll wake up with a beard that is ready for grooming. However, there are some drawbacks to using beard oil in nighttime.
The main problem is that beard oil can rub off on your pillow and sheets. Your beard might look greasy in the morning, and the oil can cause skin problems like irritation, clogged pores, and acne.
Using beard oil in the daytime is best. You get to start your day with a beard that looks well-groomed and the scent of the beard oil can replace other fragrances. Applying beard oil in the morning will keep your beard looking great throughout the whole day.
Nighttime application is best for products like leave-in conditioners, but beard oil should be a part of your morning routine if you have enough time.
Recommended Beard Oils
Our beard oil collection includes products that address a wide range of needs. You can find products for men with sensitive skin or for those who are prone to acne and itchiness. Here are some of the beard oils we recommend.
Our sweet almond beard oil is a fragrance-free product, which is great for those who are sensitive to scents or for those who work in an office environment where fragrances are an issue.
Almond oil is rich in Vitamin E. It naturally soothes the skin and results in soft and healthy facial hair. It also helps small cuts heal faster, improves your complexion, and has an emollient effect that helps with hydration.
Thanks to its antibacterial and antifungal properties, almond oil can help with acne and dandruff.
Our Fit for a King beard oil soothes the skin and results in a soft beard that is easy to manage. The fragrance is amazing and you’ll get the healthy-looking beard you’ve always wanted.
There are three main ingredients:
- Tea tree oil. This essential oil is a popular remedy for acne and inflammation.
- Lemon oil. This ingredient introduces Vitamin C and antioxidants to the beard oil. It kills bacteria and exfoliates dead skin cells for a healthier complexion.
- Frankincense oil. Frankincense comes from the resin of the Boswellia tree. It moisturizes hair and skin and will make your beard look shiny.
We created this fragrant beard oil with those who experience irritation, itchiness, or beard dandruff in mind.
Coconut oil is an ingredient that moisturizes hair and seals the hair shaft to protect it from breakage and prevent protein loss. It’s an excellent ingredient for healthy facial hair growth or for addressing dry hair, flyaways, and split ends.
Beard oil is a must-have grooming product. It’s easy to apply and it promotes facial hair growth as well as a healthy complexion. The right beard oil can address a number of problems, including beard dandruff, acne, inflammation, or itchiness.
We recommend comparing different beard oils from our collection so you can find the best product for your needs. You should also follow our beard oil before and after tips to make sure you apply this product properly and get the best results possible.